- Sama-samang Pagsulong sa mga Agenda ni Juana is a public event organized by the Philippine Commission on Women in coordination with partner organizations as part of the series of activities for the 2016 National Women’s Month Celebration (NWMC). It will be held on March 16, 2016; 6:00 to 9:00 AM at the Burnham Green in front of the Quirino Grandstand in Luneta Park, Manila.
- The event is open to the public for free. There are no tickets required, but prior registration is encouraged to enable to organizers to have proper crown estimate for logistical arrangements.
- Interested individuals, agencies and organizations may register online at http://pcw.gov.ph/event/2016-national-womens-month-celebration. An email message from PCW will then confirm that the registration attempt is successful.
- Each participant MUST bring and fill-out one (1) Agenda ni Juana Ballot which can be downloaded from http://pcw.gov.ph/sites/default/files/documents/events/2016/February/information%20officer/Agenda%20Ni%20Juana%20-%20ballot-english.pdf. Agency/organization coordinators or head of delegations are requested to ensure that each member of their delegation is provided with a ballot. Suggested ballot paper size is 8.5x13” (long bond paper). Note: Strictly one ballot per participant.
- To enable the organizers to properly process the crowdsourced data from this activity, kindly ensure that ballots are duly accomplished. Participants are advised to bring their own pen / marker or bring pre-accomplished ballot.
- Everyone is requested to strictly observe the following:
5. Delegations that fail accomplish the online registration by March 11, 2016 and walk-in participants are advised to line-up under “GENERAL PUBLIC” during the event on March 16, 2016.
- All participants are requested to be in the assembly area by 6:00 AM. Since the venue is an open space, the program will start at exactly 6:30AM and end at 9:00 AM to avoid prolonged sun exposure of the delegates.
- Upon arrival, participants shall proceed to their designated areas inside the Burnham Green. The areas will be labeled in alphabetical order. Note: Designated areas will be divided into 14 segments which correspond to the #AGENDANIJUANA canvass.
- Marshals (wearing IDs and Women’s Month button pins) will be stationed around the area holding the agency/organization name. Organizers will prepare the agency/organization name markers based on online registration received until March 11, 2016. Delegations that fail accomplish the online registration by March 11, 2016 and walk-in participants are advised to line-up under “GENERAL PUBLIC”.
- At emcee’s signal, participants properly line-up and walk towards the voting booths where they will drop their accomplished ballots. Participants should ensure to have their fingernail marked with indelible ink after dropping the ballot to designated ballot boxes.
- S/he will then be directed to the #AGENDANIJUANA Canvass where s/he will imprint her/his fingerprint. After completion of the process, s/he will be directed to the “I am Counted” Photo area to have their delegation pictures taken as proof of their participation. Delegation photos shall be featured in PCW’s official Facebook account.
- Once the #AGENDANIJUANA Canvass has been completed, PCW Chairperson will give the final remark to close the program.
- Participants may quietly and orderly exit the Burnham Green and may enjoy special freebies and giveaways from event partners.
Note: The Agenda Ni Juana Casting of Votes is estimated to take 30-35 minutes. There will be special performances during this period.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own food and water.
- To maintain cleanliness of the venue, participants are requested to refrain from littering before, during and after the event. Kindly bring a small bag where you can place your trash for proper disposal in garbage containers around the park.
- The “Sama-Samang Pagsulong sa mga Agenda” ni Juana is a peaceful advocacy campaign. Bringing of deadly weapons that may cause harm to the other participants is strictly prohibited. Police, security officers and traffic aides will be fielded all throughout the duration of the activity to ensure security and safety among the participants.
- In case of emergency, medical assistance will be available at designated points in the venue area.
- Roxas Boulevard is the designated drop off point for the participants. Participating agencies and individuals may opt to park their vehicles along Katigbak Drive and South Drive (pay parking).