Reiteration of Deadlines and Procedures in the Preparation of the 2014 Gender and Development (GAD) Plan and Budget and 2012 GAD Accomplishment Report and Convening of GAD Budget Forum on February 7, 2013
|All Heads of Executive Departments, Agencies, Bureaus, Agencies, Offices, State Universities and Colleges, Government Owned and/or Controlled Corporations, Legislative and Judiciary Branches, Constitutional Bodies, Other Government Instrumentalities and All Others Concerned|
|FROM||Remedios I. Rikken, Chairperson|
|Date:||January 15, 2013|
- This Memo Circular reiterates the Memo Circular issued by the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) on 15 October 2012 and provides supplemental information to the 2014 National Budget Call by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). It calls the attention of agencies on the preparation and submission of FY 2014 Gender and Development (GAD) Plan and Budget and 2012 Gender and Development (GAD) Accomplishment Report as attachments to the annual budget proposal of government agencies for 2014 in accordance with the Magna Carta of Women (RA 9710).
To further explain this Memo Circular and to clarify questions about the 2014 GAD planning and budgeting process, PCW will convene a Forum on the Preparation of the GAD Plan and Budget for 2014, on February 7, 2013 at the DOLE-OSHC Auditorium, DOLE North Avenue cor. Agham Road, Quezon City. Agencies are invited to send at most two (2) representatives (for each central office, attached agency/bureau/office) who are responsible for or are actively involved in the preparation of the GAD plan and budget of the agency.
Agencies who wish to participate in the Forum are requested to confirm their participation and to submit the names of their representatives to PCW not later than February 1 via email or through fax:
Participating agencies are strongly encouraged to bring a copy of their 2014 draft GAD plan and budget to the Forum as a reference in the discussion and as basis for clarification on the procedures in plan formulation.
Additional reminders on the preparation of the 2014 GAD plans and budgets:
- The 2014 GAD plans and budgets will be prepared and submitted according to the revised Joint Circular 2012-01: Guidelines for the Preparation of Annual Gender and Development (GAD) Plan and Budget and Accomplishment Report to Implement the Magna Carta of Women. The Guidelines, including its attachments consisting of the GAD plan and budget template and GAD accomplishment report format, was circulated to all concerned agencies and was uploaded in the PCW website (www.pcw.gov.ph) during the 3rd quarter of 2012.
- The deadline for the submission of 2014 GAD plans and budgets to PCW for its review is extended to February 28, 2013. Beyond this period, PCW will no longer accept GAD plans and budgets for review and endorsement to DBM.
- GAD plans and budgets shall be formulated within the context of agency mandates. In relation to this, agencies are likewise urged to consider the relevant provisions of the Magna Carta of Women, the MDGs, and where possible, their proposals in the draft Women’s Empowerment, Development and Gender Equality Plan (Women’s EDGE Plan) that is now being finalized by the PCW.
- Per the Guidelines, GAD Focal Point Systems (GFPS) are expected to lead the preparation of their respective agency GAD plan and budget. The mother or central agency GFPS shall review the GAD plans and budgets of their attached agencies and regional offices as to their alignment with the overall GAD agenda of the department or national agency, and the correctness and alignment of the entries in each column of the GAD Plan and Budget template. The GFPS shall then submit the final GAD plans and budgets and the corresponding GAD accomplishment reports to PCW for review and endorsement.
- The JC 2012-01 also allows the attribution to the GAD budget of a portion of the annual budget of agencies’ major programs, to promote the gender responsiveness of programs, and also enable them to approximate or exceed the 5% GAD budget requirement. Agencies are advised to refer to the Guidelines for more details on the process of attribution.
- Agencies that attribute a portion of the annual budget of their major programs to the GAD budget shall attach to their submitted GAD plan and budget a copy of the scored Design Checklist of the HGDG (Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines) and shall indicate the budget of the project for the year which was used as basis in estimating the attributed amount. Actual disbursement of the attributed budget shall be reflected in the 2014 GAD accomplishment report to be attached to the GAD plan and budget for 2016. Agencies are reminded that COA shall verify or audit actual disbursements of the GAD budget at the end of the budget year.
- PCW shall review the GAD plans and budgets and shall communicate its comments directly to the submitting agency copy furnished the mother agency. The revised GAD plan and budget shall be resubmitted by the concerned agency directly to PCW copy furnished the mother agency.
- Following item d. above, PCW shall not review GPBs submitted directly by attached agencies, bureaus and regional offices; instead, it shall return these to the submitting agency copy furnished their mother or central office.
- GOCCs attached to line departments shall prepare their GPBs in accordance with their budget cycle and shall submit the same to their central office for review.
- SUCs shall observe the same process of submission as in d. above. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) or its designated regional offices or gender resource centers shall review the submissions of SUCS and forward the same to PCW for endorsement to DBM.
- Per the Guidelines, DBM shall return to submitting agency GAD plans and budgets that were not endorsed by PCW.
- Local government units shall prepare and submit their GAD plans and budgets to their concerned regional DILG offices following the Joint Memo Circular on Guidelines on the Localization of the Magna Carta of Women to be issued by DILG, PCW, NEDA and DBM in 2013.
Please observe the following timelines for the preparation and submission of GPBs:
- Line departments notify their attached agencies, bureaus and regional offices on the preparation and submission of GPBs an GAD ARs
- Agencies formulate their annual GPBs; attached agencies etc. submit their GPBs to mother agency for review/comments
November -December 2012
- Review of GPBs by mother agency
January –February 28, 2013
- Agencies submit GAD plans and budgets and accomplishment reports to PCW
- PCW reviews and transmits comments to agencies, if any
- Agencies revise reviewed GPBs as needed
- PCW starts endorsing final /approved GPBs to DBM
- PCW starts consolidating GAD ARs
February 28, 2013
- Deadline for PCW acceptance of GAD plans and budgets for review and endorsement
April 1, 2013
- PCW deadline for endorsement of final GAD plans and budgets.
- Mother agencies/central office of national government agencies are strongly requested to inform their attached agencies, bureaus and other offices of this Memorandum.
REMEDIOS I. RIKKEN