This forum aims to celebrate women’s journey by sharing inspiring stories of change in their chosen fields, to encourage their fellow women to be empowered change agents. It will also serve as a venue for women to inspire and appreciate each other, and create an environment supportive of each other. At least 600 women from national government agencies, local government units, non-government and people’s organizations, private sector, and schools nationwide are expected to attend the forum which will be held in three series.
The forum will be held on three Wednesdays in March, as follows:
March 1 (1:00 to 5:00 PM), Cebu Provincial Capitol Social Hall. Co-organizer: Provincial Women’s Commission (PWC) of Cebu. This is intended for participants based in the island group of Visayas. For interested participants, please coordinate with Ms. Hedda V. Largo of PWC of Cebu at Tel. No.: (032) 254-1212, 256-2166, Cp. No.: 0916-441-2995 or email: email@example.com
Discovering your life's true calling
Lou Sabrina Saavedra Ongkiko
Public School Teacer, Culiat Elementary School
Why do we need more women leaders?
Women’s Sectoral Council Representative, National Anti-Poverty Commission
Am I too young to change the world?
Sarah Jane Elago
Representative, Kabataan Partylist
Taking the Challenge and Dealing with Changes: Establishing a Career in Government Service
Maria Anthonette C. Velasco-Allones
Executive Director, Career Executive Service Board
March 8 (1:00 to 5:00 PM): GSIS Theatre, Pasay City, in partnership with Government Service Insurance System. This is intended for participants based in the island group of Luzon. For interested participants, please register here http://tiny.cc/March8ForumRegistration. If you have questions or clarifications, please coordinate wih Ms. Janine Francisco of PCW-Information Resource Management Division (IRMD) at Tel. Nos. 735- 8509 or 735-1654 local 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The beauty of selfless act
Artistic Director and Chief Executive Officer, Ballet Manila
Why gender identity matters?
Representative, 1st District of Bataan
My journey to the empowerment of IP communities
Atty. Jennifer Tauli-Corpuz
Why should we advocate for gender-sensitive laws?
Chairperson, House of Representatives Committee on Women and Gender Equality
Guidelines for Particpants for March 8 forum at the GSIS Theatre, Pasay City:
- The forum is open to all women.
- Admission is FREE; however, prior registration is required for logistical considerations. Interested individuals, parties, organizations, or agencies may register online at http://tiny.cc/March8ForumRegistration
- Registration is accepted on first come, first served basis. You will receive an e-mail informing you of the status of your registration.
- The venue has limited seating capacity. Maximum of 5 persons per participating agency/organization shall be allowed.
- Once your registration is approved, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address. Said confirmation email, along with the list of participants signed by the Head of the Agency/Organization, should be printed and presented to the Secretariat at the registration area in the venue.Free-seating shall be observed, except for seats duly marked as reserved by the organizers. Early arrival means better chances of getting the seat of your choice.
- Participants are encouraged to bring ballpens that will be used during the commitment ritual.
- Please be at the venue by 12:30PM. The program will start at exactly 1PM.
- Bringing of food and drinks are not allowed inside the theater. Bringing of pets, alcoholic beverages and deadly weapons that may cause harm to others are also strictly prohibited.
- Free parking is available at the GSIS compound on a first come, first served basis.
- Ramps and wheelchair area are available inside the theatre. Participants who are accessing these provisions are requested to advise PCW in advance so we can notify the venue of such.
- To maintain cleanliness of the venue, participants are requested to refrain from littering before, during and after the activity.
- In case of medical emergency, please proceed to the clinic within the GSIS office.
- For further details, contact the PCW-Information Resource Management Division (IRMD) at Tel. Nos. 735- 8509 or 735-1654 local 131 and look for Ms. Janine Francisco or e-mail email@example.com.
March 15 (1:00 to 5:00 PM), Davao City (venue to be confirmed) Co-organizer: City Government of Davao through the Integrated Gender and Development Division (IGDD) This is intended for participants based in the island group of Mindanao. For interested participants, please coordinate with Ms. Lorna Mandin of Davao City IGDD at Tel. No.: (082) 226-8011, Cp. No.: 0917-546-0823, 0915-400-2139 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How ICTs help advance women’s empowerment?
Head, Globe Telecom Inc. - Education and Digital Learning Strategy and Innovation
Women and Peace
Atty. Angela Librado Trinidad
Government of the Philippines Peace Panel Member
Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace Process
Why is there a need for a gender-sensitive and responsive education?
Chair, Ateneo De Davao University Research Council
Embracing cultural and religious diversity
Samira Ali Gutoc
Member, Bangsamoro Tranistion Commission