To be the premier policy-making and oversight agency successfully influencing development efforts towards gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls.
Create an enabling environment for government and other stakeholders to be more responsive in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls.
Mandates and Functions
- Institute the gender responsiveness of national development plans and coordinate the preparation, assessment and updating of the National Plan for Women, ensure its implementation and monitor the performance of government agencies in the implementation of the Plan at all levels.
- Undertake continuing advocacy to promote economic, social and political empowerment of women and provide technical assistance in the setting-up and strengthening of mechanisms on gender mainstreaming.
Ensure that the gains achieved by Filipino women due to Philippine culture and tradition shall be preserved and enhanced in the process of modernization.
More specifically, the PCW:
- Coordinates the preparation of Philippine development plans for women as well as their monitoring assessment and updating in cooperation with the national planning body and line agencies.
- Acts as a clearing house and data base for information relating to women.
- Conducts gender-consciousness raising programs.
- Conducts policy studies and reviews legislations to integrate women's concerns.
- Provides technical services and ensures the development of institutional capabilities for gender and development (GAD) mainstreaming of government agencies and selected partners.
- Monitors and assesses the implementation of laws and policies on women including the implementation of international conventions such as the Beijing Platform for Action.
Implements pilot projects for the delivery of services for women as basis for policy formulation and program recommendations.